I had heard from several people how good the Chilled Swiss Oatmeal was from Corner Bakery. It took me a couple of times of sampling it before I ventured out to make my own version. Oh my goodness is it yummy! Its chock full of healthy grain, fruit and yogurt. Honestly…it tastes too good to be healthy! But indeed it is. So now at least two or three times a week…I’ll make a batch that will last a couple of days…so Chris and I can have a healthy nutritious breakfast.
One of my favorite places to shop is Trader Joe’s. It’s there that I get a number of the ingredients. Their prices are great and the products that I use in the Chilled Swiss Oatmeal make it just right.
If you like Oatmeal and fruit…give it a try. Where possible I don’t measure when I cook…I just kind of throw in what seems right and tastes good. What I list below is what I make for two people that will last two days. Adjust it accordingly.
Tastes Too Good to be Healthy…Chilled Swiss Oatmeal
- Oatmeal…make a batch for two people (2 cups of water and 1 cup of Oatmeal)
- ½ a package of the Trader Joe’s Dried Fruit Golden Berry Blend (golden raisins, cherries and blueberries)
- ¼ package of the Trader Joe’s Raw Sliced Almonds
- Honey…Trader Joe’s Clover Honey…or whatever your favorite honey is
- Mix it all up and put it in the refrigerator to chill for about an hour
- Trader Joe’s Organic Vanilla Yogurt…about a ¼ or 1/3 of the large container…it tastes so fresh and clean
- 2 apples, diced…use your favorite…what we like are the Pink Lady Apples or the Honey Crisps
- 2 dozen (or more) seedless red grapes
- 1 or 2 bananas slides and diced
- Mix it all up and put it in the fridge to chill and let the flavors meld
It’s very good and very healthy…and with all the different ingredients you are giving your taste buds and treat.
Give it a try and enjoy…but I warn you…it’s very addicting. You may find yourself staying up a little later than normal because you want to make sure that you have your favorite breakfast food in the morning.