As believers we are engaged in a very real battle. The enemy and his minions wage war against us, but there are a few things I need to remember:
The enemy’s head was crushed 2,000 years ago.
We are fighting from a place of victory that Christ won for us.
Some of the things the enemy hates to see:
- He hates to see the saints of God on their knees in prayer to their heavenly Father.
- He hates to see us open our Bible to read, memorize and study God’s Word.
- He hates to hear us speak truth from the scripture.
- He hates to see a sinner repent and ask for forgiveness from God.
- He hates to see a sinner forgive someone who hurt them.
- He hates to see a saint praise God in the midst of their trials and tribulations.
- He hates to hear songs of worship to the Lord.
- He hates saints who are unashamed of the Gospel and share it with those who are perishing.
- He hates the truth of the narrow way to salvation through Christ Jesus alone.
- He hates a humble servant of God.
- He hates to see a saint take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ and meditate on that which is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praiseworthy.
- He hates to see the saints of God put on their spiritual armor each day, the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, feet shod with the gospel of peace, taking up the shield of faith, putting on the helmet of salvation, wielding the sword of the spirit and praying always.
- He hates to see the saints gather together and not forsake the assembling of one another.
- He hates it when a saint remembers that they have the Holy Spirit of God indwelling them and their bodies are a temple of God.
- He hates it when the saints read and pastors preach from Revelation because in doing so, we see his ultimate end.
I like to win the spiritual battles. Too often I get my focus off of God and fall into trap of the enemy. Praise God, He doesn’t leave me there.
Thank You Jesus for winning that battle 2,000 years ago on the cross. Thank You for saving me from before the foundations of the world. Lord…I pray that You would grant salvation to those for whom I pray. Snatch them from the enemy’s hand and hold them securely in Your hand. May today be their day of salvation. May they confess with their mouth and believe with their heart that Jesus Christ is Lord…to Your glory forever and ever…Amen.
Okay…I confess this was longer than five minutes, but golly I love remembering the victory I have in Christ and my absolute security in God’s hand.
This post is linked with The Gypsy Mama’s Five Minute Friday challenge. I encourage you to go on over and read some of the wonderful posts from others who join in. You will be encouraged.
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.
7 thoughts on “Five Minute Friday – The Battle is Real and Belongs to the Lord”
I know that took you longer than 5 minutes. Too funny. Joining you from your comment on A Better Way. Great post.For sure that is reality. We are His. And Yes – the battle has been won. Praise the Lord.Blessings,Jan
My friend Angie says, "The world will try to do battle for my heart, but the war has already been won." True, true….This is an awesome post, Susan.
Dear Cindy and Jan,Thank goodness that the war has already been won! Amen and praise God.If only we can remember that in the heat of the battle, when the enemy tries to get our eyes off the Lord.Many blessings in the Lord to my sisters in Christ…Susan
The enemy sure sees a lot of hate at every opportunity. Happily we know how the story ends. Amen
What a call to battle! I love this. I've pinned this on Pinterest… Awesome! Have a fabulous weekend!http://theemptynestexpress.com
This made me smile as I'm sure it does God when we walk in His freedom from captivity.
Amen; powerful words Susan! What a feeling of victory when we are steadfast and defy the enemy! I can just feel God's nod of approval and delight when we engage ourselves in the battle for Him. :)Blessings and hugs my friend,Denise