What a nice surprise when I received an email from Wanda at The Watered Soul passing the baton of the Liebster Award to four other bloggers and me.
Every week, Wanda takes the time to highlight and direct her readers to other bloggers who have posts that are encouraging, introspective, honest and challenging. Through her blog I have found many treasures. Wanda is a very thoughtful, giving, caring and encouraging woman of God. Thank you Wanda! I so enjoyed reading your responses to Denise’s questions at Refine Me Lord.
Below are my responses to Wanda’s questions:
1. If you could rent a time machine for a day would you like to revisit the past or be catapulted into the future? The day I long for most is the rapture, so perhaps to go forward and see that day and moment when the Lord Jesus Christ will call His church home. But since no man knows the day or the hour of the rapture that may be a little tough.
2. What is one of the best pieces of advice you ever received? From my dear friend Margaret James who knew of my heart’s desire to be married, “Don’t settle!”. Thank You Lord…I didn’t settle and He gave me the man who is just right for me.
3. Which color would best describe your personality? Green, in its many different shades, is my favorite color. Not sure if that describes my personality? But it reflects so much of what I love and appreciate.
4. What is one thing you would include on your bucket list if you had one? I would love to go on a cruise to Alaska and Hawaii too.
5. What is something you once believed was truth but no longer do? Before I repented and received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, I was caught up and believed the lies of the new age movement. In hindsight, I recognize it was a bunch of lies and garbage from the pit of hell. I can’t take any credit for my salvation because I was blind to the truth revealed in God’s Word about Who He is and how I could be saved through the atoning death of His Son Jesus Christ. God alone opened my eye and turned my heart of stone into a heart of flesh.
6. If you were to write a book telling your life’s story what would you title the book? Amazing Grace
7. What is something you would like to change on your blog but not quite sure how? I would like to know how to respond via email to the people who leave comments on my blog so that it shows their comments and my response. Not sure if there is a simple way to do that?
8. When it comes to blogging do you have specific schedule or do you write when you feel inspired? I write when I feel inspired and when I have time. Now that I’m a homemaker, I hope to be able to write more often.
9. What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday? Golly…I’m not sure. Until recently my Saturdays were filled with cleaning and errands. I guess I’ll be finding out.
10. What color are the walls in your favorite room of your home? Gold is the color in my favorite room, our den. We have two beautiful chairs which we acquired when we moved into our home and one has beautiful gold threads in the design. It’s a peaceful and quiet room. It’s the place where Chris and I will watch old movies or some PBS dramas or I might knit dishrags or crochet doilies.
11. If you had to pass along one word of wisdom to next generation, what would it be? Read God’s Word daily, know it well and obey Him in all things. You will never regret it.
In receiving this award I’m supposed to pass the baton along to 5 other bloggers with a new list of 11 questions. I’m passing the Liebster Award to 5 godly beloved bloggers:
Jim at Jim Allis
Michelle at A Heart Surrendered
Debbie at Make It Delightful
David at Pilgrim Scribblings
Ken at Following Jesus
I’d also love to hear from any of my readers answering the questions below.
1. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
2. Where would you like to go on your dream vacation?
3. How old were you when you received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior?
4. What do you want to achieve through your blog?
5. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
6. Who is your favorite artist?
7. What new skill, talent or hobby would you want to learn if you had the time?
8. Do you like to read fiction or non-fiction books?
9. What is your favorite time of day?
10. Do you like to sleep in or rise early?
11. What is your favorite animal?
3 thoughts on “Passing the Baton”
Thank you Susan. It is nice visiting your blog again and God bless.
Susan! What an honor!! Thank you so much! I am going to marinate on your blog post and answer the questions. I may have a few of my own for you. You are such a dear, dear person.
Susan, I discovered we had the color gold in common. Would you believe by living room walls are a golden yellow color. And as a single girl I found your answer to #2 very encouraging. In response to #7 I use a plugin called comment reply notification not sure if it’s available on wordpress.com